Announcing Board of Directors Nomination Period:
MARCH 6 – 19, 2013
Get involved with a student-directed organization that works towards social, economic, and environmental justice.
The OPIRG Board of Directors is comprised of 5-9 individuals with 2/3 of the members being Carleton University students. Faculty, community members, and formers staff/interns/volunteers/researchers are also encouraged to apply.To qualify as a member of the Board, the nominee must be a member who is at least 18 or more years of age, in good standing of the Corporation, and is an active volunteer for OPIRG or a similar organization for at least eight months. OPIRG-Carleton works as a non-hierarchical organization and makes decisions by consensus.
The role of the OPIRG Board is to:
- Support OPIRG’s projects and support the work of the Working Groups and Portfolio areas;
- Be part of the planning, visioning, and setting of priorities for the organization;
- Be responsible for the organization as defined by the Corporations Act, OPIRG bylaws and policies, and the Board Contract;
- Be the employer as defined by the Collective Agreement with CUPE 1281;
- Work collectively with the staff to oversee the work of the organization.
- Board Members cannot receive any remuneration for their work with OPIRG.
Contact our office - 326 Unicentre - for more information and to pick up a Nomination Package
Nomination period: March 5th, 2013 to March 19th, 2013.