Canada as a Legal Haven of the World Mining Industries: The Consequences for Human and Environmental Right
- Human Rights Speakers Series at the Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies at Carleton University Present:
- Monday, March 4, 2013, 4:30pm until 6:30pm
- Dunton Tower 2017, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario
- Alain Deneault, author of Imperial Inc., Legal Haven of Choice for the World’s Mining Industries (2012).
- Antonio Catalán, investigator with the Human Rights Defenders Protection Unit (UDEFEGUA) in Guatemala
- Christine Jones, National Director of Peace Brigades International (PBI)-Canada Section
Presentation of ‘The Last Walk of Adolfo Ich’ and a discussion with Guatemalan human rights defenders
- Tuesday, March 5
- 6:45-9:30 pm
- Arts Court Theatre, 2 Daly Avenue, Ottawa
A Co-Presentation with Toronto’s Aluna Theatre of ‘The Last Walk of Adolfo Ich’ and a panel discussion with Guatemalan human rights defenders and local guests about the criminalization of dissent.
For more information on this event: