Basis of Unity
- We believe that justice will not be achieved without equal rights for everyone in the area of historic Palestine, regardless of religion, ethnicity or nationality
- We understand Israeli apartheid as one element of a system of global apartheid. To this end, we stand in solidarity with all oppressed groups around the world, in particular, the indigenous people of North America.
- We oppose all forms of racism, including Islamophobia and anti-Semitism.
- Our demands are based upon a July 2005 call from over 170 Palestinian organizations in support of a global campaign of boycotts, divestment and sanctions.
- Boycott, divestment and sanctions should be maintained until Israel meets its obligation to recognize the Palestinian people’s inalienable right to self-determination and fully complies with the precepts of international law by:
- Ending its occupation and colonization of all Arab lands, dismantling the Wall and freeing all Palestinian and Arab political prisoners;
- Recognizing the fundamental rights of the Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel to full equality; and,
- Respecting, protecting and promoting the rights of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and properties as stipulated in UN General Assembly resolution 194.